The 1800’s douglas estate has been a success this past week. We removed all of the wallpaper from these plaster walls from top to bottom. This wasn’t an easy task to do but we tediously pulled it down coin size by coin size at a time. After the paper was all down we started on washing the walls down to remove any excess glue that may have lingered, and started the oil priming process to seal in this bare plaster. Below are a few pictures of the walls after all of the paper has been removed. Coming up this upcoming week will be pictures of the priming process, the sanding process, and also the deglossing process. Keep your eyes peeled for many more pictures to come and slowly watch as this transformation blossoms into the beautiful home it was 200 years ago!
This past week at the douglas estate has been a great success. We just about got the whole 3rd floor done. We got all of the repairs done in all 5 rooms, painted all of the walls and ceiling, and got 1 coat on all of the trim so far. This upcoming week we will have pictures up of the freshly painted 3rd floor. Below are some pictures of the repair work. We also got all of the wallpaper off of the 1st floor hallways (3rd set of pictures) and got it all wiped down and oil primed.